One Direction singer Liam Payne’s London apartment caught serious fire on Tuesday, so serious that his friends had to be taken to the hospital with varying degrees of burns.
According to local reports, the incident happened when Liam’s friend Andy Samuels was attempting to refuel an outdoor heater on the 34th floor balcony of the building … and the device exploded.
The fire that ensued lasted about 45 minutes and it took the combined efforts of 35 firefighters to put it out.
The London fire Brigade said in a statement, ‘Firefighters worked quickly and professionally to get the fire under control as quickly as possible. Around 30 people left the building before we arrived and were not injured. Two of the occupants had superficial burns to their hands and the third had burns to his hands and face. All three have been taken to hospital.’
Liam was in the apartment when the incident happened, but he walked out unscathed and rode with Andy – who suffered 2nd degree burns on 20 percent of his body – in an ambulance to the hospital.