What is supposed to be just a one-time movie now became a franchise and is now filming its 7th sequel which may even be a trilogy according to the main actor Mr. Vin Diesel. Although this series has gained its share of negative feedback it still topped the box office and never seems to disappoint the movie goers. It never fails to give you an adrenaline rush as you watch each stunt that Dom and Paul does in the movie. What makes it worth your time is that each character has their own story to tell and all the actors made an effort to do their own stunts.
There are so many amazing facts you need to know about this franchise; facts that will not only make you want to know more and wait excitedly for the next sequel but also make you know the actors better.
- The cool Michelle Rodriguez and Jordana Brewster didn’t have driver’s licenses prior to shooting this film. They were amateurs before the movie started but look at how they drive and pull those stunts! It’d make you want to hop in behind a wheel and rev it up!
- In 1955 there was a movie entitled fast and the furious which the production bought in order to get the title rights. Although it sported both car racing scenes the two movies are hardly the same.
- The actor Paul Walker who plays Brian O’Conner is definitely not a newbie in car racing. In fact he owns a few racing cars that he uses himself and, being a racing fan, he didn’t miss the opportunity to actually race in his time. He so loves the adrenaline rush that in several scenes from the movie, he does the stunts himself.
- Vin Diesel’s Facebook fans were the ones that gave the production the idea that Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson would be an amazing match for Vin Diesel. And so the roughly-cut Agent Hobbs whose character was created for the likes of Tommy Lee Jones went to The Rock. And their cool chemistry was a bestseller. The fans just can’t get enough of the action!
- The resurrection of Michelle Rodriguez’ character, Letty was a big surprise even to the actress herself. No one knew of this twist until they actually saw the end of the Fast Five film. Talk about surprises! The fans just can’t get enough of the electrifying chemistry of Dom and Letty, that they just have to have more and the fans couldn’t wait for the 6th sequel.
- As they were filming Fast & Furious 6, the plans for the 7th sequel was already underway. All roads will lead to Tokyo, where it all began and people can’t wait! At the end of the movie Fast 6 you will see how Dom’s path and his crew will be haunted by Tokyo and from there the excitement of waiting begins!
No action movie franchise has been as amazing as this. They keep saying the first movies didn’t need a sequel but after watching one, you know you just got to see more! Here’s awaiting the next trilogy Fast & Furious 7, 8 & 9.
[Photo via Universal Pictures]