Cory Monteith was injecting himself with heroin and drinking champagne the night he died, this according to the final official coroner’s report released on Wednesday.
According to the report, the Glee star was found dead in a Vancouver hotel room with a used hypodermic needle, two empty champagne bottles, and drinking glasses. There was also a spoon with drug residue on it.
The report goes on to say that Monteith ‘was found in a collapsed position the hotel room floor’ and ‘it appeared that Mr. Monteith had been dead for several hours.’
The report concludes that he died ‘mixed drug toxicity, involving intravenous heroin use combined with the ingestion of alcohol.’
The coroner notes that Cory ‘had a history of illicit drug use with intermittent periods of rehabilitation and of abstinence from drugs,’ and his tolerance level for heroin was low on the day he died because of the last rehab stint he went into in April.
He was 31.