Dancing With The Stars co-host Brooke Burke-Charvet has been fired from the show, it was announced on Friday.
DWTS producer Conrad Green said in a statement, ‘We can confirm that Brooke Burke-Charvet will not be joining us next season. She’s been a wonderful part of the ‘Dancing with the Stars’ family since her triumphant win in season seven and will unquestionably be missed by our entire team. We’d like to thank Brooke for her years of great service.’
Burke – a former winner who has hosted the show with Tom Bergeron since 2010 – told E! in a statement, ‘I have enjoyed seven seasons co-hosting “DWTS” but understand the need for change considering the position of the show at this juncture. I’ve always been one to embrace change and looking forward to pursuing opportunities I previously wasn’t able to entertain because of contractual obligations to the show. I’ve seen my fair share of shocking eliminations in the ballroom but this one takes the cake.’
Sources say that Burke never knew that her job was on the line, and the sack came as a shocking surprise.
The 18th season of DWTS kicks off March 17.