Justin Bieber has been offered a plea deal which will get his DUI/resisting arrest charge dropped provided he meets the terms.
According to the Florida State Attorney’s office, Bieber’s charge will be dropped provided he completes the following:
- Plead no contest to reckless driving
- Do 40 hours of community service
- Attend an alcohol education program
- Attend a ‘victim impact panel’ i.e a program where relatives of DUI victims share their mostly tragic stories
- Install an ignition interlock device for months
- Submit himself to random drug testing for 6-9 months.
If Bieber completes all these and passes his drug tests, then his DUI charge will be downgraded to next-to-nothing. If he remains stubborn, then the case will go to trial which may end in him going to jail.
The ball is now on Bieber’s court.