First, an American man died on Saturday after setting off fireworks on his head. Now, another American man has died after launching fireworks off his chest.
According to local reports, 30-year old postal worker Justin Bartek was lighting fireworks with his friends in Colorado River, Texas when he decided that it would be cool to launch one on his chest. However, it proved to be a fatal mistake as the exploding firework inflicted mortal injuries to his chest … and he was rushed to the nearby Columbus Hospital, where he died on Tuesday.
Described by friends as a man with an ‘infectious’ spirit, Bartek leaves behind a 3-year old son.
An autopsy will be performed to determine the real cause of death.