Kelly Rutherford has set the stage for another round of bitter custody battle after declaring that she will not let her kids live with their father in Monaco.
As ENTmania! previously reported, the actress recently lost her bid to regain custody of her two kids after a California court ruled that it had no jurisdiction over the case, since her ex husband Daniel Giersch already has full custody granted to him by a Monaco court.
But in a statement released on Saturday, Rutherford argues that since the above-stated is the case, then ‘no state in this country is currently protecting my children,’ which ‘also means that no state in this country currently requires me to send the children away.’
‘Hence, I have decided that I cannot lawfully send my children away from the United States to live in a foreign country,’ she says.
According to an earlier ruling, Rutherford was allowed to have the kids over for the summer, and was told to send them back to Monaco on August 6. Obviously August 6 has passed and the kids are still in the US.
Kelly goes on to say, ‘I believe Monaco appreciates why it cannot assert jurisdiction over my children, and that Monaco will respect my children’s right to reside in their own country. I hope that this decision will end this painful litigation, and that my children will be allowed to live in peace in their own country.’
‘I pray that officials in this country and in Monaco will agree that three years in exile is a very long time in a child’s life, and that my children have a right to remain, once and for all, in the United States,’ she concludes.
Giersch has not yet responded to this latest development.